Skip to content
Warrior Side KickJay McMeans2020-11-09T02:48:39+00:00
- The Side Kick is with the front leg and hits with the heel of the foot.
- There are 3 parts to every kick, Chamber, Kick, and Recoil.
- The feet should be positioned facing slightly away from the attacker. The knot of your belt should face away from the attacker and you should look over the shoulder for the leg you are going to kick with.
- The kick chambers with the lower leg parallel with the ground and the knee pointed away from the attacker.
- The kick goes out straight back and strikes with the heel of the foot.
- The recoil brings the foot back under hip and places the foot down where it started.
Back to Training